Re: [v2,5/8] NUMA Hotplug emulator

From: Paul Mundt
Date: Tue Nov 16 2010 - 00:48:32 EST

On Tue, Nov 16, 2010 at 12:13:30PM +0800, Shaohui Zheng wrote:
> >This looks like an incredibly painful interface. How about scrapping all
> >of this _emu() mess and just reworking the register_cpu() interface?
> > Something like:
>
> hi, Paul
> I saw your reply on patchwork.kernel.org, but I did not find your email
> in my mailbox, you might forget to cc to me.

Then fix your mailer. You are presently forcing Mail-Followup-To to the
list, which in turn is dropping you from the cc on a group reply.

> I think that your register_cpu_node interface seems good, but this will
> remove the interface register_cpu. it is not the original purpose of the
> emulator, we want to emulate the oringal process, but we did not want to change
> the old interface, that is a rule.

Wait, what? How does my patch remove register_cpu()? It does no such
thing, all it does is add a supplemental register_cpu_node() for you to
call in to, without needing to carry any of the _emu() damage around. The
old interface has not been modified in any way whatsoever.