Re: OOM panics with zram

From: Nitin Gupta
Date: Wed Oct 06 2010 - 00:30:52 EST

On 10/5/2010 10:36 PM, Greg KH wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 05, 2010 at 10:29:34PM -0400, Nitin Gupta wrote:
>>>
>>> What? No, the reason we put this into the kernel was so that _everyone_
>>> could work on it, including the original developers. Going off and
>>> doing development somewhere else just isn't ok. Should I just delete
>>> this driver from the staging tree as you don't seem to want to work with
>>> the community at this point in time?
>>>

>> Getting it out of -staging wasn't my intent. Community is the reason
>> that this project still exists.

>>> Yes, developing in your own sandbox can always be faster, but there is
>>> no feedback loop.
>>>

>> I was finding it real hard to find time to properly discuss each patch
>> over LKML, so I thought of shifting focus to local project repository
>> and then later go through proper reviews.
>
> So, should I delete the version in staging, or are you going to send
> patches to sync it up with your development version?

Deleting it from staging would not help much. Much more helpful would
be to sync at least the mainline and linux-next version of the driver
so it's easier to develop against these kernel trees. Initially, I
thought -staging means that any reviewed change can quickly make it
to *both* linux-next and more importantly -staging in mainline. Working/
Testing against mainline is much smoother than against linux-next.

Thanks,
Nitin