Re: pl2303_ttyUSB0 userspace application not able to control RTS line

From: Raju Rameshwar Uprade
Date: Wed Oct 06 2010 - 00:15:06 EST

> Is this your "modified" driver?

No..It's pl2303.

> I don't see that error in the kernel log below at all.

sometimes I got that error.

> What kernel version is this?

2.6.35

> And are you sure that your device actually has the RTS lines connected?
> I have seen a number of these devices that do not bring those lines from
> the chip to the rs232 connection.

I have connected a RS-485 interface card to this usb-to-serial converter which has
MAX-485 IC ( Line driver chip which convert RS-232 to RS-485),of which pin number 2 is
for RTS line.

Through my modified pl2303 device driver, I am able to enable/disable the RTS line as
per my need,as I told in my earlier email.

> You really might want to go purchase a "real" usb to serial converter
> that works properly, the pl2303 devices do not fit that category.

Yes, I am also thinking of purchasing a "real" usb to serial converter.

Thanks a lot Greg, I have learned a lot interacting with you.

Thanks-
Raj