Re: [RFC v2 00/21] TCM Core and TCM_Loop patches for v2.6.37

From: FUJITA Tomonori
Date: Tue Oct 05 2010 - 22:22:22 EST

On Wed, 22 Sep 2010 15:48:22 -0700
"Nicholas A. Bellinger" <nab@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> drivers/Kconfig | 2 +
> drivers/Makefile | 1 +
> drivers/target/Kbuild | 30 +
> drivers/target/Kconfig | 36 +

Why do we need a new place for the target stuff? This could be used
for non scsi protocl?

We had the similar discussion when I put stgt to mainline but we
concluded that under drivers/scsi is the best place.

I don't like to put ibmvscsi driver under something like
drivers/target/tcm_ibmvscsit because ibmvscsi needs to include some
files under drivers/scsi/ibmvscsi/. It's more reasonable to put the
driver there.

Can we change the name, TCM (Target Core Mod), to something more
informative? I think that "Core Mod" is really pointless.

This will be the mainline scsi target feature so why can't we name
the files and modules in more appropriate way?