Re: [Bug #16891] Kernel panic while loading intel module duringboot

From: Daniel Vetter
Date: Tue Oct 05 2010 - 12:12:29 EST

On Tue, Oct 05, 2010 at 06:28:29AM -0700, Greg KH wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 05, 2010 at 12:40:59AM +0200, Rafael J. Wysocki wrote:
> > On Monday, October 04, 2010, Anisse Astier wrote:
> > > Also this patch is new and didn't see much testing (I tested on 4
> > > different Intel GPUs, belonging only to 2 different families); if it's
> > > not merged for 2.6.36, it won't be for 2.6.37 (the new code will land
> > > first). If that happens, it might not meet conditions to be accepted
> > > in -stable (being in linus' tree first).
> >
> > It's a panic fix, so I think it is -stable material anyway. Greg?
>
> That sounds good, please cc: stable@xxxxxxxxxx with the proper
> information for this (git commit id, patch info, etc.)

I'll do that as soon as drm-intel-next has hit -linus. I've written the
original fix and marked it cc: stable so it won't get lost. I've been
rather cautious with pushing this because it's the 3rd trial to fix a bug
in late .35-rc. The previous fixes already caused regressions in -stable
and I'd simply like to avoid causing yet another regression over the same
problem.

Yours, Daniel
--
Daniel Vetter