"Glove box" BIOS patch causes boot flicker

From: Jan Engelhardt
Date: Tue Sep 21 2010 - 19:53:15 EST

Hi,

some (long) time ago, I noticed a change whereby at the start of Linux
(before any log messages are output) the monitor would do one reset on
x86/VGA (the classic modes à la 80x25 - no fbdev stuff). It is only now
that I found enough joy to revisit this.

Between 2.6.30 and 2.6.31, commit cf06de7b9cdd was introduced by you,
which I have bisected the problem down to.

commit cf06de7b9cdd3efee7a59dced1977b3c21d43732