Re: 2.6.35-rc3: Reported regressions from 2.6.34

From: Gene Heskett
Date: Sun Jun 20 2010 - 18:51:10 EST

On Sunday 20 June 2010, Rafael J. Wysocki wrote:
>This message contains a list of some regressions from 2.6.34,
>for which there are no fixes in the mainline known to the tracking team.
>If any of them have been fixed already, please let us know.
>
>If you know of any other unresolved regressions from 2.6.34, please let us
>know either and we'll add them to the list. Also, please let us know
>if any of the entries below are invalid.

I had submitted a bug/gotcha, two or 3 days back, but I don't see it in this
list. It showed a kernel BUG, unable to (mutter) at 0000000000004008 IIRC.

Found it. The Subject line of that msg was:
RE: 2.6.35-rc3 BUG: unable to handle kernel paging request at
0000000000004008

Without the wordwrap of course.

It may, from the log captures I sent, have been triggered by amanda
attempting to shut down a working tar instance that had timed out in the
amanda view of how long it was taking. I since added another 5 minutes to
that timeout figure, and it has run just fine for 2 days now. But it did
cause the system to upchuck and had to be rebooted after as it caused klogd
to exit similarly several minutes later. Details are in the msg.

Off topic question: Is there some way to get gmail to return ones posts?
This posting to a black hole is getting frustrating.

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)