Re: Noticed Issue in kmemleak test module if inserted twice

From: Catalin Marinas
Date: Wed Jun 16 2010 - 06:17:48 EST

On 16 June 2010 09:52, Amit Agarwal <amit.agarr@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I backported the latest kmemleak(2.6.34-rc1) patches to my 2.6.29-RT kernel
> for ARM target.
> I am facing the issue while inserting the kmemleak-test.ko module twice in
> my 29-RT kernel.
> Step I followed.
> {{{
> # mount -t debugfs nodev /sys/kernel/debug/ # cat /sys/kernel/debug/kmemleak
> # echo scan > /sys/kernel/debug/kmemleak # cat /sys/kernel/debug/kmemleak
>  # insmod kmemleak-test.ko
>  # rmmod kmemleak-test.ko
> # insmod kmemleak-test.ko
> # cat /sys/kernel/debug/kmemleak
> cat: can't open '/sys/kernel/debug/kmemleak': Device or resource busy
> }}}
> I have attached the detail log with the mail.
> I am not clear is this the behaviour of kmemleak

It works fine on the latest kernel, so it's not a kmemleak bug. Most
likely it's a back-porting issue. From the log, kmemleak disabled
itself because of errors (freeing some blocks of memory by a pointer
to somewhere inside the block rather than to the beginning).

All I can say is make sure that the kmemleak_*() callbacks are
correct. The log gives you the backtrace of where kmemleak_free() was
called from, so that should help.

--
Catalin