Re: [Regression, post-rc2] Commit a5ee4eb7541 breaks OpenGL on RS780(was: Re: Linux 2.6.34-rc3)

From: Linus Torvalds
Date: Thu Apr 01 2010 - 12:35:26 EST

On Thu, 1 Apr 2010, Rafael J. Wysocki wrote:

> OK, I've verified that partial revert (below) is sufficient.

Hmm. Through the DRM merge I just did, this area actually conflicted, and
the resolved version is now

if ((rdev->family >= CHIP_RV380) &&
(!(rdev->flags & RADEON_IS_IGP))) {

which presumably also fixes your issue?

[ Side note: somebody in the DRM tree seems to be way too used to LISP,
and thinks that adding parenthesis always improves the code ;-]

However, I do suspect that we should probably revert the quirk regardless
as being useless (ie it probably was related to those IGP chips that
apparently don't do MSI anyway).

So the patch that reverts the quirk by Clemens (to replace it with
disabling MSI entirely when the AMD NB doesn't accept them) seems to be a
good idea regardless, since it's apparently not just about gfx. Jesse?

Linus