Re: [GIT BISECT] first bad commit: 1f36f774 Switch !O_CREAT caseto use of do_last()

From: Boaz Harrosh
Date: Wed Mar 24 2010 - 12:05:08 EST

On 03/24/2010 06:00 PM, Al Viro wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 24, 2010 at 05:49:39PM +0200, Boaz Harrosh wrote:
>> - I have an exofs filesystem mounted on /mnt/exofs
>> - []$ cd /mnt/exofs/some_linux_git; git status;
>> All is fine
>> - []$ mount -t nfs4 -o minorversion=0 localhost:/ /mnt/nfs
>> (Where etc/exports will export /mnt/exofs via nfs4.1)
>> - []$ cd /mnt/nfs/some_linux_git; git status;
>> This will fail and will corrupt the .git/index file. Sometimes the file would be
>> too short, and sometimes the file will become a directory (Yes really)
>
> Bloody impressive... Does that happen to underlying fs or to what you
> are seeing via NFS?

Only via NFS. All local access is fine.

After the corruption above I can cd to the local mount cp a fresh copy
of .git/index file and play around just fine.
Once I return to the NFS mounted directory, a git status will do it.
It does not matter if caches are cold (Takes a long time) or hot it happens
every time.

Weird I know, I'm playing some more with it as we speak

Thanks
Boaz