Re: [RFC] Unify KVM kernel-space and user-space code into a singleproject

From: Anthony Liguori
Date: Mon Mar 22 2010 - 15:18:53 EST

On 03/22/2010 02:10 PM, Ingo Molnar wrote:

I posit that it's both: and that priorities can be communicated - if only you
try as a maintainer. All i'm suggesting is to add 'usable, unified user-space'
to the list of unfun priorities, because it's possible and because it matters.

I've spent the past few months dealing with customers using the libvirt/qemu/kvm stack. Usability is a major problem and is a top priority for me. That is definitely a shift but that occurred before you started your thread.

But I disagree with your analysis of what the root of the problem is. It's a very kernel centric view and doesn't consider the interactions between userspace.

Regards,

Anthony Liguori

Ingo