Re: Does function_graph support x86_32?

From: Tim Bird
Date: Fri Mar 19 2010 - 23:00:51 EST

On 03/17/2010 05:56 PM, Li Zefan wrote:
> Ryan Wang wrote:
>> Does function_graph support x86_32?
>>

> Yes, but you need to disable CONFIG_CC_OPTIMIZE_FOR_SIZE
>
> config FUNCTION_GRAPH_TRACER
> bool "Kernel Function Graph Tracer"
> depends on HAVE_FUNCTION_GRAPH_TRACER
> depends on FUNCTION_TRACER
> depends on !X86_32 || !CC_OPTIMIZE_FOR_SIZE

I've been bitten by this numerous times. I most often
use ftrace on ARM, but when I go back to x86, I almost
always go through a sequence of searching for the
function graph tracer in the menus, then realizing it's
completely missing until I disable CC_OPTIMIZE_FOR_SIZE.

Is there any way to have the menu item appear, but be
unsettable unless the SIZE option is disabled? I'm
not a Kconfig guru...
-- Tim