Re: [patch 2/2] x86,pat Convert memtype_lock into an rw_lock.

From: Suresh Siddha
Date: Wed Mar 17 2010 - 19:20:39 EST

On Wed, 2010-03-17 at 12:51 -0700, H. Peter Anvin wrote:
> Well, as you know :) tglx and I are on the road ... I'll try to get to it on Friday before I take off again.

Also I talked to Thomas about this rwlock conversion and he referred to
RT issues with rwlock. And the best is to avoid this using RCU.

For now, the second patch can be perhaps dropped, as we are being
proactive anyways. We can revisit this in the future.

First patch "[patch 1/2] x86,pat Update the page flags for memtype
atomically instead of using memtype_lock. -V3" is good to go.

thanks,
suresh