ALPS Touchpad driver

From: Mark Eaton
Date: Wed Mar 17 2010 - 06:36:17 EST

Hi, I have a laptop (HP mini 311) which has an ALPS touchpad that isn't
recognised by the ALPS driver. I've been trying to update the driver to
make it work, and whilst I can make it recognise the device, the device
doesn't seem to respond to the ps2 commands in the same way as the other
supported touchpads do.

I have so far been unsuccessful in finding any documentation for ANY
of these devices, so if it does exist could someone point me to where
it lives.

If there is no documentation which is I suspect the case, could anyone
provide any pointers on how I could attempt to figure out how to get
this device to work.

Please cc me in any replies as I am not subscribed to the list.

Thanks

--
Mark Eaton
Brisbane, Australia