CONFIG_MTD_DEBUG vs generic DEBUG support in kernel.h

From: Ferenc Wagner
Date: Tue Mar 16 2010 - 08:56:10 EST

Hi,

include/linux/mtd/mtd.h contains the following snippet:

#ifdef CONFIG_MTD_DEBUG
#define DEBUG(n, args...) \
do { \
if (n <= CONFIG_MTD_DEBUG_VERBOSE) \
printk(KERN_INFO args); \
} while(0)

which conflicts with the generic debugging support in
include/linux/kernel.h:

#ifdef DEBUG
#define pr_devel(fmt, ...) \
printk(KERN_DEBUG pr_fmt(fmt), ##__VA_ARGS__)

(that is, gcc emits redefinition warnings on modules which
#define DEBUG on their own and also include mtd.h)
Unfortunately, the DEBUG macro is used rather heavily under
drivers/mtd. Should we resolve this somehow or is it better
to just live with it?

(Please keep me on Cc, I'm not subscribed.)
--
Thanks,
Feri.