Re: fix callgraphs of 32-bit processes on 64-bit kernels.

From: TÃrÃk Edwin
Date: Tue Mar 16 2010 - 04:19:04 EST

On 03/15/2010 06:23 PM, TÃrÃk Edwin wrote:
> On 03/15/2010 05:34 PM, TÃrÃk Edwin wrote:
>>
>> It would be good if perf knew how to lookup symbols in kernel modules!
>
> BTW perf report -m -k /home/edwin/builds/linux-2.6/vmlinux doesn't show
> the symbols either.

I always forget that, unlike every other program, perf doesn't install
by default to /usr/local!
So I was running the wrong version of perf (from an older kernel), since
perf was installed to $HOME/bin (which of course isn't in sudo's path).

Sorry for the confusion, the 2.6.33 perf DOES know how to lookup the
symbols:
9.92% glxgears [radeon] [k]
r600_packet3_check

--- r600_packet3_check