Re: patch kvm-x86-emulator-add-group8-instruction-decoding.patchadded to 2.6.32-stable tree

From: Greg KH
Date: Fri Mar 12 2010 - 10:52:28 EST

On Fri, Mar 12, 2010 at 08:22:33AM +0100, Stefan Bader wrote:
> Greg,
>
> I am currently working on getting the whole series of kvm patches marked for
> stable backported to 2.6.32. You could pick those from
>
> git://kernel.ubuntu.com/smb/linux-2.6.32.y.git kvm

Um, why pick them now, are they somehow not tested?

> Currently there is one patch on the HEAD which is fixing a regression for AMD
> hosts. That is not upstream, yet. (needed for the patch fixing memory access).

I'd like Avi, or Marcelo, to ack the patch set first, as they obviously
had some idea when they added the stable markings, yet, something went
wrong as they look to be adding new features and were totally not able
to be merged.

Avi, sound ok?

thanks,

greg k-h