Re: 2.6.34-rc1: rcu lockdep bug?

From: Eric Dumazet
Date: Fri Mar 12 2010 - 08:37:51 EST

Le vendredi 12 mars 2010 Ã 21:11 +0800, AmÃrico Wang a Ãcrit :

> Oh, but lockdep complains about rcu_read_lock(), it said
> rcu_read_lock() can't be used in softirq context.
>
> Am I missing something?

Well, lockdep might be dumb, I dont know...

I suggest you read rcu_read_lock_bh kernel doc :

/**
* rcu_read_lock_bh - mark the beginning of a softirq-only RCU critical
section
*
* This is equivalent of rcu_read_lock(), but to be used when updates
* are being done using call_rcu_bh(). Since call_rcu_bh() callbacks
* consider completion of a softirq handler to be a quiescent state,
* a process in RCU read-side critical section must be protected by
* disabling softirqs. Read-side critical sections in interrupt context
* can use just rcu_read_lock().
*
*/

Last sentence being perfect :