Re: aio: compat_ioctl issue?

From: Michael Tokarev
Date: Thu Mar 11 2010 - 14:10:33 EST

Jeff Moyer wrote:
[]
> Yeah, whoops. I built the libaio test harness using -m32 and this patch
> works for me. Would you mind giving it a try?

It appears to work here so far. I did not run massive i/o test suite
but it now passes basic multiple kernel unpacking in parallel tests
(before it didnt' even recognize the partition table).

So the patch - at least basically - works.

Except that we now have code duplication in kernel. Look at
fs/compat.c:compat_do_readv_writev() - it does the same as
compat_rw_copy_check_uvector() plus a bit more. I guess it
is a good idea to use compat_rw_copy_check_uvector() in
compat_do_readv_writev() to build the compat vectors...

Thank you for the patch and the fix!

/mjt