Re: s2disk hang update

From: KAMEZAWA Hiroyuki
Date: Tue Feb 23 2010 - 20:24:21 EST

On Tue, 23 Feb 2010 22:13:56 +0100
"Rafael J. Wysocki" <rjw@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> Well, it still looks like we're waiting for create_workqueue_thread() to
> return, which probably is trying to allocate memory for the thread
> structure.
>
> My guess is that the preallocated memory pages freed by
> free_unnecessary_pages() go into a place from where they cannot be taken for
> subsequent NOIO allocations. I have no idea why that happens though.
>
> To test that theory you can try to change GFP_IOFS to GFP_KERNEL in the
> calls to clear_gfp_allowed_mask() in kernel/power/hibernate.c (and in
> kernel/power/suspend.c for completness).

If allocation of kernel threads for stop_machine_run() is the problem,

What happens when
1. use CONIFG_4KSTACK
or
2. make use of stop_machine_create(), stop_machine_destroy().
A new interface added by this commit.
http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kernel/git/torvalds/ linux-2.6.git;a=commit;h=9ea09af3bd3090e8349ca2899ca2011bd94cda85
You can do no-fail stop_machine_run().

Thanks,