Re: [ltt-dev] LTTng 0.193 fixes RT kernel support

From: Mathieu Desnoyers
Date: Wed Feb 17 2010 - 18:09:13 EST

* naresh kamboju (naresh.kernel@xxxxxxxxx) wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Tue, Feb 16, 2010 at 10:35 PM, Mathieu Desnoyers <compudj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
[...]
> > Oh, right. Thanks for the explanation. I'll look into moving LTTng to a
> > saner del_timer_sync() scheme to delete the timers.
>
> Could you give more info regarding, what kind of changes we can work on.
> let me also work around on it.

I just released LTTng 0.193 for kernel 2.6.32.4 which includes patches
fixing these odd per-cpu timer teardowns. The patches concerned are:

lttng transport lockless add timer on works with del timer sync
omap trace clock use del timer sync
x86 trace clock use mod timer
trace clock 32 to 64 use del timer sync

(they are at the end of the LTTng 0.193 tree)

Feedback is welcome,

Thanks,

Mathieu

--