Re: hung bootup with "drm/radeon/kms: move radeon KMS on/off switchout of staging."

From: Dave Airlie
Date: Fri Feb 05 2010 - 03:34:40 EST

> If it now does not boot up if all its sub-options are enabled, even of some
> of those sub-options are new, does that count as a driver regression? Sure it
> does to me ...

But it doesn't to anyone else under any reasonable meaning of the word
regression.

The config option states
"Choose this option if you want kernel modesetting enabled by default,
and you have a new enough userspace to support this. Running old
userspaces with this enabled will cause pain."

Will cause pain sounds painful to me, I can make it seem much worse if
you'd like.

Dave.