Merge of the enhanced reimplemention of the kfifo API

From: Stefani Seibold
Date: Wed Feb 03 2010 - 12:47:46 EST

Hi,

-rc6 is out and i ask for merging the new macro based kfifo
reimplementation into linux-next and/or 2.6.34. I got a lot of positive
feedback but currently no ACK.

The reimplementation is 100% compatible to the previous one but more
flexibel and highly optimized. The code is tested and works fine.

I am sorry about the size of the patch, but there is no way to split it
down into separate patches because it is a complete different approach
and a full replacement of the kfifo.c and kfifo.h files.

You can access the latest posting at
http://patchwork.kernel.org/patch/75443/

If i get an okay, i will fix the current users of the kfifo from using
byte stream fifo to the desired data type. Maybe with the help of
Greg ;-)

I hate to write code for the trash bin, so please give it a try.

Greetings,
Stefani

BTW: Zack Brown wrote a positive statement in the German Linux magazine.