Re: port multiplier problem

From: Chandra Shekhar Sah
Date: Tue Feb 02 2010 - 09:17:21 EST

Hi Tejun,

Thanks a lot for reply.

The disk array was connected to suse 10.3 before accident and was working fine. After accident, I saw problems, so I switched to Fedora 12 because it has up-to-date sil24 driver for sata host controller sil3124.

Now, I am using Fedora 12 (kernel 2.6.31.12). The backplane card (NORCO-LIB1220) on the disk array has 12 sata conectors, 5-5-1-1. i.e. there are two port multiplier (sil3726, 5 sata ports in each PMP) and two are without port multiplier, I mentioned it as "direct sata" (may be not appropriate word).

I thought PMP is damaged so I purchased a new NORCO-LIB1220 backplane card but same problem. The disks connected to PMP are not being recognized. However, disk connected to "direct sata" (no disks on PMP) is fine.

I greatly appreciate your help.
CN