[IMPORTANT] Clean target regression [was Re: [ANNOUNCE] The Linux Test Project has been released for JANUARY 2010]

From: Garrett Cooper
Date: Tue Feb 02 2010 - 03:30:29 EST

On Mon, Feb 1, 2010 at 8:01 AM, Garrett Cooper <yanegomi@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 1, 2010 at 2:57 AM, Subrata Modak
> <subrata@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> The Linux Test Project test suite has been released for the month of
>> JANUARY 2010. Please see ltp/INSTALL file carefully, as, there has
>> been multiple changes for building/installing the test suite after the
>> recent changes in Makefile infrastructure.
>>
>> The latest version of the test-suite contains 3000+ tests for the Linux
>> OS and can be found at:
>> http://ltp.sourceforge.net/,
>> Latest happenings in LTP can also be found at:
>> http://ltp.sourceforge.net/wiki/,
>> http://ltp.sourceforge.net/wikiArchives.php, and,
>> IRC: irc.freenode.org #ltp.
>>
>> Our web site also contains other information such as:
>> - A Linux test tools matrix
>> - Technical papers
>> - How To's on Linux testing
>> - Code coverage analysis tool.
>>
>> We would encourage the community to post results to
>> ltp-results@xxxxxxxxxxxx,
>> patches, new tests, bugs or comments/questions to ltp-list@xxxxxxxxxxxx,
>> http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=add&group_id=3382&atid=103382 (for
>> New Bug(s)),
>> http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=add&group_id=3382&atid=303382 (for
>> New Patch(s)),
>> http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=add&group_id=3382&atid=353382 (for
>> New Feature Request(s))
>>
>> **Note: Some pending patches will be checked in for next monthÅ release.
>
> Â ÂFor those who have been holding off on upgrading since the Make
> infrastructure revision was done back in October, I highly suggest
> that they evaluate this release as a several issues have been
> resolved, i.e. selinux-testsuite being fixed to meet the make
> infrastructure changes (there's just a minor issue that's been
> reported on RHEL 5.4 with the policy files -- Stephen should be
> working with Mitani-san to resolve the issue), and a few autoconf
> related items have been resolved. Furthermore, make 3.80 support has
> been integrated into the project so folks can once again use make 3.80
> when building LTP.
> All the best,

NOTE -- please comment out the following three lines in the
top-level Makefile -- not doing so will result in you potentially
obliterating all of the writable files on your build target, as this
will effectively perform an rm -Rf / under certain conditions.

ifeq ($(filter $(BUILD_TREE_STATE),$(BUILD_TREE_SRCDIR_INSTALL)
$(BUILD_TREE_UNCONFIGURED)),)
CLEAN_TARGETS += clean_install_dir
endif

I deeply apologize for the inconvenience; I'm working on
rectifying the issue ASAP and will email again once it's resolved; I
will add a regression test for this ASAP in the build test scripts
I've recently authored so this doesn't happen again.
Thanks,
-Garrett