Re: nr_cpu_ids incorrect on AMD Quad-Core Opteron 8380

From: zhiyi
Date: Mon Feb 01 2010 - 19:35:26 EST

On 2/02/2010, at 2:57 AM, Borislav Petkov wrote:

On Sun, Jan 31, 2010 at 11:59 PM, zhiyi <zhuang@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
My module worked for a kernel 2.6.29 with CONFIG_NR_CPUS=64 on my dual
quad-core AMD Opteron. The value of nr_cpu_ids I got from the same module
was correct (8).

This could mean that your include/generated/autoconf.h, which is used by
external modules, is not updated and contains CONFIG_NR_CPUS=8.

I have checked include/linux/autoconf.h in my linux src and found
#define CONFIG_NR_CPUS 64

but I don't see any dir like "generated" under include/

By the way, I compiled my module independent of the compilation of Linux tree, i.e. after the kernel is compiled and booted.

Cheers,
Zhiyi

Do

make mrproper

in your kernel directory by moving your .config out of the way first and
then rebuild your kernel and external module(s). nr_cpu_ids should pick
up the updated CONFIG_NR_CPUS value from your .config.

--
Regards/Gruss,
Boris