Re: Changelog quality

From: Pekka Enberg
Date: Fri Jan 15 2010 - 07:52:44 EST

Hi Stefan,

On Fri, Jan 15, 2010 at 2:45 PM, Stefan Richter
<stefanr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I guess many of these scripts are also applicable to other C programs.

Well, most of the ones I've seen are related to kernel APIs or idioms
which are not meaningful to other projects so I don't know if that's
true or not. I don't have a full solution here but I'm just trying to
find a middle ground because I tend to agree with both of you. Yes,
it's damn ugly to have the scripts embedded in the changelog but on
the other hand I _really_ want to see "what the hell found the bug"
too.

Pekka