Re: Changelog quality

From: Julia Lawall
Date: Fri Jan 15 2010 - 04:43:54 EST

> If you want more clear markers around the script so you can skim
> past it more efficiently when reading the commit message, then ask
> for that.

If there were markers that would cause tools to hide some information
under a +, that would be great. Sometimes I have simplified a script
beyond what would really be reusable just to not create an over-large
changelog. I hope that the simplified version is at least understandable,
so that the reader can get an idea of what considerations went into the
change, but I recall in one case having messed up on that as well, and
ended up with something that really gave no information whatsoever.

julia