Re: Changelog quality

From: David Miller
Date: Fri Jan 15 2010 - 03:54:42 EST

From: Stefan Richter <stefanr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 15 Jan 2010 09:50:51 +0100

> David Miller wrote:
>> And likewise here, I want to see what the hell found the bug by
>> reading the changelog message.
>
> Coccinelle found it. In contrast to parsers like sparse, it had to be
> programmed to do so. If you want to repeat that process, you have to
> get coccinelle and the script. Both can be found quickly without having
> them both in the SCM.

I still don't see how this can argue for not putting the script into
the commit message.

And you overstate how "easily" the script can be found.

What button do I push in gitk when viewing a commit to find the
script?

If I have to go out of the tool, that's the beginning down the long
road of potential distractions.