Re: SATA_SIL on IXP425 workaround

From: Krzysztof Halasa
Date: Thu Jan 14 2010 - 13:08:50 EST

Bartlomiej Zolnierkiewicz <bzolnier@xxxxxxxxx> writes:

> FWIW your patch is now in my atang tree (I'm aware that Jeff is working
> on generic solution but in the meantime this non-intrusive patch allows
> sata_sil to work on IXP425).

Thanks. BTW I could help with the "general solution", but I wonder if
what we need is simply adding those other ARM archs to IXP4xx (through
Kconfig)? If they have the same problem, namely inability to do
readb/readw only, while being able to write[bwl] and all kinds of non-MM
I/O.

writeb() is important since it starts the "large PRD" transfers (it has
to use MMIO BAR to be "large").
--
Krzysztof Halasa