Re: [RFC] Yet another dt3155 driver for drivers/staging

From: Scott Smedley
Date: Tue Jan 12 2010 - 18:56:34 EST

Hi Marin,

> dt3155 frame grabber I am using in my experiments since
> the time of 2.6.17 kernel.

Whoah!

> I will really appreciate your comments, suggestions, criticism.

I haven't tried your driver but the code looks much neater than
our driver. Still, I am wondering why you chose to implement a
device driver from scratch, rather than use an existing one?

http://sourceforge.net/projects/dt3155a/

I'll leave decisions about whether to merge or discard (either
driver) to Greg. My 2 cents is that there should only be 1 DT3155
driver for users to choose from.

Scott. :)