Re: RFC: disablenetwork facility. (v4)

From: Valdis . Kletnieks
Date: Wed Dec 30 2009 - 11:26:31 EST

On Wed, 30 Dec 2009 07:24:11 GMT, David Wagner said:
> So while I certainly can't rule out the possibility that disablenetwork
> might introduce minor issues, I think there are fundamental reasons to
> be skeptical that disablenetwork will introduce serious new security
> problems.

I have to agree with David here - although there's many failure modes if
a security-relevant program wants to talk to the network, they're all already
prone to stuffage by an attacker.

Biggest danger is probably programs that rashly assume that 127.0.0.1 is
reachable. Seen a lot of *that* in my day (no, don't ask how I found out ;)