Re: RFC: disablenetwork facility. (v4)

From: Valdis . Kletnieks
Date: Mon Dec 28 2009 - 20:39:50 EST

On Tue, 29 Dec 2009 00:42:55 GMT, David Wagner said:

> Sure. :-) One big catch-phrase that covers a lot of this ground is
> 'compliance'. Recently there seems to be considerable discussion
> among security professionals about the tension between 'compliance' and
> 'security', and whether increased attention to 'compliance' benefits
> 'security' or is in the end a distraction.

There's what I can administer effectively, there's what the most junior admin
in my shop can administer effectively, what the DBA's will accept, and what
our auditors insist on. Every once in a while, all four actually line up,
but then my alarm clock goes off and it's another Monday in the office :)