Re: [Fdutils] DMA cache consistency bug introduced in 2.6.28

From: Linus Torvalds
Date: Wed Dec 23 2009 - 13:01:40 EST

On Wed, 23 Dec 2009, Mark Hounschell wrote:

> I'll try the patch Linus provided now.

I doubt it matters - because if it did, it would matter for everybody, and
the HPET thing shouldn't make any difference at all.

[ Or rather, it should matter for everybody trying to format a specific
format (without interleave it won't matter, and not all formats have any
interleave - I think it was mainly used on 5.25" floppies and special
formats). ]

Besides, maybe I was just mis-reading the code.

But getting some testing for the patch certainly won't hurt, so I'm not
going to argue against it any more ;)

Linus