Re: [git pull request] ACPI and driver patches for 2.6.33.merge

From: Len Brown
Date: Tue Dec 22 2009 - 14:45:38 EST

On Mon, 21 Dec 2009, Yinghai Lu wrote:

> Len Brown wrote:
> >
> > Does 3563ff964fdc36358cef0330936fdac28e65142a work or fail on your system?
> > I didn't ask about reverting it, I asked if it works or fails.
>
> i don't know.
>
> anything i should search in the bootlog?

Please check out a branch at the commit identified above
and tell us if the following issue:

"it seems these three patches broke the _OSC on my intel new systems."

"revert them fix the problem with AER and pciehp and etc"

is present or absent on that branch.

If the answer is yes, when stock 2.6.32 works, then the 3 patches
between that commit and 2.6.32 are at fault. If the answer is no,
yet reverting those patches helps top of tree, then the issue must
be a merge conflict with other changes in 2.6.33.

thanks,
-Len Brown
Intel Open Source Technolgy Center