2.6.33-rc1: LZMA kernel fails to decompress

From: Tvrtko Ursulin
Date: Mon Dec 21 2009 - 11:43:26 EST

Hi,

When run under VMware, LZMA compressed 2.6.33-rc1 instantly reboots in the
decompression stage. At least I suppose so, because switching to GZIP makes
it work.

Kernel was configured via make oldconfig from a working 2.6.32-rc6. Only other
difference is that kprobes are disabled in 33-rc1 and enabled in 32-rc6.

CPU on the server is Xeon 5110 if it helps.

I can post the .config if needed, in fact since I will be away after today, I
will do it right now. But as a reply to this to ensure at least this post is
not eaten by vger filters.

Tvrtko