bzImage build 'fix' for x86 broke 2.6.33-rc1 boot - was: Re: Alsoon x86 - was: 2.6.33-rc1: hrtimers and tickless broken on m68knommu.

From: Oliver Hartkopp
Date: Sun Dec 20 2009 - 03:22:30 EST

Sorry for always answering myself. But to get this issue closed for the readers.

This problem tracked down by Michael Guntsche was also my problem:

http://lkml.org/lkml/2009/12/19/124

By reverting ("kbuild: fix bzImage build for x86")

http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux-2.6.git;a=commitdiff;h=4a2ff67c88211026afcbdbc190c13f705dae1b59

i was able to boot my first 2.6.33-rc1 ...

I'm running a Debian stable/testing here.

Tnx Michael!

Best regards,
Oliver