Re: tracing: gcc for x86 calling mcount with -fomit-frame-pointer

From: John Reiser
Date: Fri Dec 18 2009 - 10:52:56 EST

On 12/17/2009 11:02 AM, Andi Kleen wrote:
John Reiser<jreiser@xxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

On x86 and x86_64, current "gcc -pg -fomit-frame-pointer" is not allowed.
This experimental patch against:
http://mirrors.kernel.org/fedora/releases/12/Fedora/source/SRPMS/gcc-4.4.2-7.fc12.src.rpm

I submitted a similar patch for all of this some time [ago] to gcc,
and also resubmitted it recently. ... they told me it's queued in some way
> for the next stage 1. ...

I also have a glibc patch for this.

I found http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc/2009-11/msg00565.html .
Where is the glibc patch? Reports by users of successful experiences
can help shorten the cycle for official changes.