[GIT PULL] notification - make audit use fsnotify and dropinotify.c

From: Eric Paris
Date: Thu Dec 17 2009 - 21:42:20 EST

I'm going to be the first one to admit I'm not 100% comfortable
requesting this pull, but the window is going to (already did?) close
and I want to put it out there. I've been waiting for the VFS merge
since I knew I had conflicts with Al which couldn't be resolved already
since the VFS tree didn't exist.

These have been in linux-next for about 2 full cycles. They do 3 main
things.

1) Fix a couple inotify problems including some of the idr memory leak
stuff
2) convert audit to use fsnotify
3) drop the old in kernel inotify altogether thus shrinking struct
inode!

I'll do more heavyweight testing, but these pass light testing that I
could do since I rebased on top of the VFS tree.

---

The following changes since commit b8a7f3cd7e8212e5c572178ff3b5a514861036a5:
Linus Torvalds (1):
Merge branch 'master' of git://git.kernel.org/.../viro/vfs-2.6

are available in the git repository at:

git://git.infradead.org/users/eparis/notify.git for-linus

Eric Paris (17):
inotify: simplify the inotify idr handling
Audit: clean up the audit_watch split
audit: convert audit watches to use fsnotify instead of inotify
audit: redo audit watch locking and refcnt in light of fsnotify
audit: do not get and put just to free a watch
fsnotify: duplicate fsnotify_mark_entry data between 2 marks
fsnotify: allow addition of duplicate fsnotify marks
audit: reimplement audit_trees using fsnotify rather than inotify
Audit: audit watches depend on fsnotify
Audit: split audit watch Kconfig
Audit: audit watch init should not be before fsnotify init
fsnotify: use fsnotify_create_event to allocate the q_overflow event
inotify: use container_of instead of casting
fsnotify: kzalloc fsnotify groups
fsnotify: use kmem_cache_zalloc to simplify event initialization
inotify: do not reuse watch descriptors
inotify: remove inotify in kernel interface

Documentation/feature-removal-schedule.txt | 8 -
fs/inode.c | 6 -
fs/notify/dnotify/dnotify.c | 2 +-
fs/notify/group.c | 2 +-
fs/notify/inode_mark.c | 18 +-
fs/notify/inotify/Kconfig | 15 -
fs/notify/inotify/Makefile | 1 -
fs/notify/inotify/inotify.c | 933 ----------------------------
fs/notify/inotify/inotify_user.c | 211 +++++--
fs/notify/notification.c | 24 +-
fs/open.c | 1 +
include/linux/fs.h | 5 -
include/linux/fsnotify.h | 51 +--
include/linux/fsnotify_backend.h | 10 +-
include/linux/inotify.h | 174 ------
init/Kconfig | 10 +-
kernel/Makefile | 5 +-
kernel/audit.c | 1 -
kernel/audit.h | 26 +-
kernel/audit_tree.c | 223 ++++---
kernel/audit_watch.c | 293 +++++----
kernel/auditfilter.c | 39 +-
kernel/auditsc.c | 10 +-
delete mode 100644 fs/notify/inotify/inotify.c