Re: [git pull] vfs pile 2

From: Linus Torvalds
Date: Thu Dec 17 2009 - 16:58:57 EST

On Thu, 17 Dec 2009, Al Viro wrote:

> Yeah, but why aren't they put into local pack? They _are_ new and they
> definitely are referenced. The newest in the repository, as the matter
> of fact.
>
> Odd...

Hmm. It seems to be the same objects that are unpacked in my repo. What
happens is probably that git doesn't want to pack them, because they are
available in the alternates, but then also doesn't want to prune them,
because they aren't available in a _pack_ in the alternate.

That does look like something we migth decide to want to change in git.
Maybe.

But I repacked my repo, just so that you can get your "no loose objects"
situation you want ;)

Linus