Re: radeon KMS causes GART Table Walk Errors (was: K8 ECC errorwith linux-2.6.32)

From: Borislav Petkov
Date: Thu Dec 17 2009 - 02:22:34 EST

On Thu, Dec 17, 2009 at 04:07:04AM +0100, Johannes Hirte wrote:
> > > Disabling in BIOS doesn't made any difference. The errors were still
> > > reported.
> >
> > Hmm. It would be interesting to know what the BIOS does exactly
> > on your machine. We could easily find that out by installing the
> > x86info tool (either prepackaged for your distro or from here:
> > git://git.choralone.org/git/x86info) and doing as root:
> >
> > lsmsr MC4 -V3
> >
> > and sending me the output. Make sure the amd64_edac module is not loaded.
>
> datengrab ~ # lsmsr MC4 -V3
> MC4_CTL = 0x0000000000003bff
> CorrEccEn=0x1
> UnCorrEccEn=0x1
> CrcErr0En=0x1
> CrcErr1En=0x1
> CrcErr2En=0x1
> SyncPkt0En=0x1
> SyncPkt1En=0x1
> SyncPkt2En=0x1
> MstrAbrtEn=0x1
> TgtAbrtEn=0x1
> GartTblWkEn=0

Was the BIOS setting about GART table walk errors reporting enabled or
disabled? Because if it were enabled and according to the above output,
your BIOS doesn't seem to do the workaround described in the BKDG. If it
were disabled, you'd have to enable it and do the "lsmsr MC4 -V3" again.

Thanks.

--
Regards/Gruss,
Boris.

Operating | Advanced Micro Devices GmbH
System | Karl-Hammerschmidt-Str. 34, 85609 Dornach b. München, Germany
Research | Geschäftsführer: Andrew Bowd, Thomas M. McCoy, Giuliano Meroni
Center | Sitz: Dornach, Gemeinde Aschheim, Landkreis München
(OSRC) | Registergericht München, HRB Nr. 43632