Re: CONFIG_KPROBES=y build requires gawk

From: Roland Dreier
Date: Wed Dec 16 2009 - 23:16:29 EST

> For example, before the POSIX standard, to match alphanumeric charac-
> ters, you would have had to write /[A-Za-z0-9]/. If your character set
> had other alphabetic characters in it, this would not match them, and
> if your character set collated differently from ASCII, this might not
> even match the ASCII alphanumeric characters. With the POSIX character
> classes, you can write /[[:alnum:]]/, and this matches the alphabetic
> and numeric characters in your character set, no matter what it is.

I'm not sure I understand this, although I'm not a character set expert.
But is there really some possible locale + awk implementation where an
awk script, written in pure ASCII, operating on a pure ASCII input file,
will have [A-Za-z0-9] match a different set of ASCII characters than
[[:alnum:]] will match?

- R.