Re: anyone including <linux/perf_counter.h>?

From: Robert P. J. Day
Date: Wed Dec 16 2009 - 10:02:18 EST

On Wed, 16 Dec 2009, Kyle McMartin wrote:

> On Wed, Dec 16, 2009 at 09:56:47AM -0500, Robert P. J. Day wrote:
> > > See the comment at the top, it's being provided to provide the
> > > old names to userspace for a short time, now that the
> > > functionality has been renamed to perf_events.
> >
> > but if it's supposed to be providing info to user-space,
> > shouldn't it be *exported* to user space? it's not listed in
> > include/linux/Kbuild. or am i misunderstanding?
>
> No, you're quite correct, my guess would be that the original
> perf_counter.h header-y line was renamed to perf_event.h, and
> someone forgot to add a new one for the old header.

so i can submit a patch to do one of two things:

1) add it into Kbuild, since user-space needs it, or

2) delete it entirely since it's never been in user-space all
this time but no one seems to have missed it. :-)

thoughts? i'm fine either way.

rday

Web page: http://crashcourse.ca
Twitter: http://twitter.com/rpjday