Re: InfiniBand/RDMA merge plans for 2.6.33

From: Tziporet Koren
Date: Wed Dec 16 2009 - 04:02:25 EST

On 12/14/2009 8:37 PM, Roland Dreier wrote:

- mlx4 SR-IOV support. Again, main problem was my lack of time. I
agree in principle with this stuff, just want to be careful that we
don't turn the mlx4 driver into an unmaintainable mess of "if
(sriov) something; else something_else" all over.

Roland,
You have not sent any comments to our patches that were sent few weeks ago on time for 2.6.32 inclusion,
and now I am surprised you do not accept them for 2.6.32.
I think we still have time to work together and fix your concerns on mlx4 driver.
Can you send more concrete comments so we can fix them?

Since we have a HW that supports SRIOV and many people are interested in this new technology for KVM thus it is important that we drive it now

Thanks
Tziporet