implementing a custom uart driver

From: raychan
Date: Fri Dec 11 2009 - 17:20:45 EST

Hi all,

I have been writing a custom uart driver for a SoC. It's not the 8520/16550 flavor so I ended up implementing a struct uart_driver on my own. However I am having some issues on the TX side.

If I put a printk statement after I enabled TX interrupts then it starts outputting characters. Otherwise the console will just get stuck. It is a memory mapped IO device, it does not support any modem control signals so I simply return TIOM_CTS | TIOCM_DSR | TIOCM_CD in the driver's get_mctrl function. Are there any other caveats that I should be aware of?

Thanks much
Ray