Re: [git pull] drm

From: Dave Airlie
Date: Thu Dec 10 2009 - 19:47:15 EST

2009/12/11 Linus Torvalds <torvalds@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

> On Thu, 10 Dec 2009, "C. Bergström" wrote:
>>
>> Thanks for the rather lengthly explanation, but in case you missed what people
>> are trying to say here..
>>
>> With all due respect Linus..
>>
>> "patches welcome"
>
> The problem is that I have never even heard a Red Hat or Fedora person
> actually acknoledge that yes, they should be trying to upstream it.

<Red Hat hat on>
<Fedora hat on>
We are trying to upstream nouveau.
<Fedora hat off>
<Red Hat hat off>

<DRM maintainer hat on>
The core DRM changes to support nouveau were but ugly, and shared
with radeon and vmware, we need to wait for VMware to re-write them.
VMware have rewritten them and they are upstream since radeon KMS
got merged into staging.
<DRM maintainer hat off>

<nouveau reviewer hat on>
The ctxprogs are legally dubious, we need to wait for Red Hat lawyers
to give us some direction, we can involve other lawyers but more
lawyers doesn't always help these things go faster.
<nouveau reviewer hat off>

<Dave hat on>
nvidia guys are laughing at us.
<Dave hat off>