Re: [git pull] drm

From: Jesse Barnes
Date: Thu Dec 10 2009 - 14:36:54 EST

On Thu, 10 Dec 2009 10:42:46 -0800 (PST)
Linus Torvalds <torvalds@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I _think_ that last one was meant as a joke. But it's damn hard to
> tell, because the ones that are apparently sincere are equally crazy.
> People just seem to make up total crap to make excuses for something
> that everybody knows is wrong.

Heh. I was only half-kidding. My point was that Fedora (for the
purposes of graphics at least) is more like an individual developer's
(or small group's) work tree that just happens to be available
publicly. If you think of it that way, it kind of makes sense that
some changes it includes aren't pushed upstream right away.

But I fully admit it's a bogus excuse and a fairly cheap shot at
Fedora. :)