Re: Vortex86SX: only works with irqpoll

From: Robert Hancock
Date: Mon Nov 23 2009 - 20:29:33 EST

On 11/23/2009 06:01 PM, Otavio Salvador wrote:
Hello,

On Mon, Nov 23, 2009 at 9:31 PM, Robert Hancock<hancockrwd@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 11/23/2009 03:40 PM, Andrew Morton wrote:
[ 0.000000] ACPI Error: A valid RSDP was not found
(20090903/tbxfroot-219)

No ACPI.

Please raise a report against acpi_bios@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx at
bugzilla.kernel.org, thanks.

I believe that just means the machine doesn't support ACPI at all..

Yes; same as me.

Andrew should I report it anyway?

From Alan message I understand that he believes it is a firmware
issue. I tried (without success) to contact DM&P about it asking for a
newer BIOS but nothing yet.

If I could workaround it, it would be nice since it could avoid issues
for users of those devices. I did research on Internet and found a lot
of users having the network adaptor not work and like and those
problems mostly looks like same issue I'm having.

Looking at the BIOS manual on their web site:

ftp://download@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx/vortex86sx/Vortex86SX_BIOS_Manual.pdf

you can try toggling a few of the options: Try switching OnBoard IDE Operate Mode between Legacy Mode and Native Mode. If the kernel and the actual device disagree here, that could cause IRQ delivery problems. You can also try playing with the "Plug & Play OS" setting.