XD/smartmedia - how to implement it right?

From: Maxim Levitsky
Date: Fri Nov 20 2009 - 19:26:05 EST

Hi,

This thread is meant to continue discussion about XD/smartmedia support
in linux.

I CC'd few peoples that participated in original discussion.

Alex Dubov attempted to write a driver for jmicron device (I have it
btw), but this was rejected due to code duplication.

I successfully reverse engineered (in my free time) the XD card reader
found on my laptop (ricoh based one)

I would like to know how you think to implement the subsystem support
right.

I would go with mmc subsystem + FTL, but according to original thread,
there are numerous problems with this approach.

Any advice is appreciated.

Best regards,
Maxim Levitsky