Re: BUG: GCC-4.4.x changes the function frame on some functions

From: Linus Torvalds
Date: Thu Nov 19 2009 - 13:43:31 EST

On Thu, 19 Nov 2009, Andrew Haley wrote:

> I've got all that off-list. I found the cause, and replied in another
> email. It's not a bug.

Oh Gods, are we back to gcc people saying "sure, we do stupid things, but
it's allowed, so we don't consider it a bug because it doesn't matter that
real people care about real life, we only care about some paper, and real
life doesn't matter, if it's 'undefined' we can make our idiotic choices
regardless of what people need, and regardless of whether it actually
generates better code or not".

Linus